Friday, March 4, 2016

Settling In | Life Lately #2

Hi guys! I'm so sorry I haven't posted in like two (maybe three?) weeks. As you probably know, I am doing an exchange to South Korea, so I'm taking a little bit of a break from blogging while I'm preparing. Everything was kind of hectic, still is, but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. It takes a bit of time, but I'm sure I'll be fine.

Anyway, I'm here now. It's been a while since my first Life Lately, so I figured I'll do another one after my little "hiatus" to let you know about stuff that happens since I last checked in. Here I go, chatting on and on about my life as if someone cares. That was depressing. Let's begin!

I am in South Korea
Yaayy!! Finally, after all the mess and constant worrying that everything is going to fall apart, I am now in the land of K-Pop. No kidding, my first time going around the city the other day and I came across a stage with a bunch of beautiful people covering K-Pop groups dances. Is this real life? I didn't take any pictures there, though. Shame, I know.
I have been staying here for about a week and oh my god do I have a lot of things to worry about. I haven't reported to the consulate, I haven't gotten my student ID, I haven't registered myself as a foreigner (or an alien, as they call it here), and I don't even have a phone number yet cause I have to do the other stuff first. I am going to explode by the end of this week, I know it. Oh cool, I've already failed one of my 2016 resolutions. Okay, let's stop this before it gets out of hand.

On a brighter note, the internet here is really fast. I can stream YouTube videos in 1080p without having to pause and wait for the grey line to get long enough for me to watch more than five seconds of it. Because oh my goodness the internet in both Indonesia and Australia takes a while. I should not get used to this because I'm going to be really annoyed when I come back and Instagram does the circle thing again.

Okay, I don't want to make this section too long. Just know that I did okay settling in, a little bit of stress, but not too bad. I will give you one whole post about what I've been doing in Korea soon-ish. So, look out for that!

I hate flights
I just realised that when I have to travel on planes a lot this past couple of weeks. I got on six different flights in just 10 days. How crazy is that? And somehow, every single time I got on a plane the person in front of me always recline their seats. I mean, dude, we are all cramped together in a tube made of metal that travels thousands of feet above the ground and you think leaning your seat back is going to make you more "comfortable"? It's not. It just makes you a dick.

It's also extremely awkward to go to the restroom because I fly economy most of the time. When I'm sitting on the window seat, I always feel uncomfortable asking the isle guy that I need to go. Especially if they're sleeping. Might as well not pee for the next six hours. And if I'm on the isle seat, I can sleep very easily as well. Because flights are boring as hell. And that makes the people beside me feel really uncomfortable if they want to go to the loo. Conclusion, I am the worst person you could sit on flights with. And I hate that.
Family Time
Though it's not like I haven't seen them in 10 years or anything. But it's really nice to get together and talk about all sorts of nonsense with them before I go on my exchange. Though, I am only properly at home for a very short period of time and most of those time is spent sleeping or being exhausted. Love you, guys!

Also, my brother is growing taller and taller at a scary pace. I am the short one in the family now. Hoo boy, this is going to take a while to accept.

I'm Moving Again
Sadly, I'm not going to live with the lovely Koreans anymore. I'm kind of bummed about it. They are wonderful and the place was really nice as well, but I have to look for a place that's closer to my uni again. Considering the lazy-ass that I am, it's going to be tough for me to have to take the train every single day. I might skip three weeks of school just because I don't want to deal with commuting. I'm not moving right now, though, as I'm still in Korea. I will be when I come back to Australia and have to attend my uni again.

I think that's all I have for you guys today. It's not that exciting since I was mostly sleeping or on planes. But I figure I'll give you a little update so you know that I'm not dead or anything. I don't know if I will post as regularly as the last few months because school is starting again. And as I said, there are a lot of things that I need to get done, but I will try as much as I can to post every week.

I'll see you guys next time!
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment