Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Library Books! | Book Talk #2

Heyo! I'm back again with my short reviews on the books I read this year. I've got quite a few reading done this past few weeks. Mostly because I want to do read all the books I can before school really starts again and the assignments kick off. Let's face it, the only things I'll be reading then are probably ones required by my professors.

If you don't know what this is all about, you can check all the deets here. I explained why I start this series, what inspired me to do it, and what this series is all about. You can also check out the reading challenge that I'm doing along with my progress here.

Enough with the chit-chat. Let's get on with the reviews!

Whew! That is a really long title. This book was quite a good time. I really like how honest and open it was. However, it gets kind of annoying at times. This is a case of "it's not you, it's me" but the talks about the dogs and the kids just get on my nerves for some weird reason. This is why I should not have pets. Or kids. They are just too high maintenance. But overall, I quite enjoyed reading it. A 3 out of 5 stars.

Who Could That Be At This Hour? by Lemony Snicket
Having loved the Series of Unfortunate Events as a kid, this book kind of disappoints me. Maybe I was expecting too much from it. But it was just alright. I chuckle at times and it was quite enjoyable, but I wouldn't say it was the most exciting book. I'll give it a 3 out of 5 stars.

Storm by Tim Minchin
I read it along with the animation. I've watched that thing at least ten times now. It's still such a delight. I love the colours and the art style, especially the aspirin part. A 4 out of 5 stars.

Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell
This book was quite a quick read. I started it as I was commuting to work and I finished it on the way back home. It was so funny that I had to hold my laugh on the train so the person beside me wouldn't think I've gone insane. Now I kind of want to work in a bookshop. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

The Dark by Lemony Snicket
THIS IS THE MOST ADORABLE THING!!1! This is the most beautiful children book I have probably ever read. The story is pretty straight forward, but it's whole. And the challenge that the main character has to overcome is told and illustrated beautifully. I even got a little bit anxious when I read it. I'm a scaredy-cat, I know. I give this book a 4.5 out of 5 stars.
As you can see on the title of this post, yes, all of these books are library books. I told you I'm obsessed and I don't think it's going to stop anytime soon. They're great when I don't want to commit and buy the book. I mean, I love graphic novels but they're such bitches to my wallet. And if it's a book I heard mixed things about and turns out I don't like it, I get to experience it without feeling all of the regrets because I spend money on it. Thankfully, most of the library books I read have been a delight.

That's all I have for you today. I am so very glad that my reading surge is at its best this time, because let's not talk about last year. Hopefully I get to keep it up for the rest of this year. I'll see you guys next time.

Have a nice day!
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment