Monday, January 11, 2016

Hashtag Goals | 2016 Resolutions

More like "resolutions", you feel? No, you probably don't feel. What I'm saying is the word "resolution" has always been kind of vague to me. Plus I never really take my yearly resolutions seriously anyway. I mostly use it as a guideline of what I want to achieve instead of something that I have to stick to. I don't beat myself too hard if I don't check it off by the end of the year, but I do make sure that I at least try to have it crossed out.

My resolutions for the past couple years has always been really vague. Be more organised? What does that even mean, past me? So this year I'll try to make it more specific so I could measure my achievement. And actually feel like I've achieved something, you know?

So here are my goals for 2016:

Read at least 40 books
I'm not going to increase the number since I failed this one last year. My reading went downhill in 2015. I only read 11 books throughout the year. I kept changing my reading goal from 40 to 25 to 20 to 10. I'm quite disappointed in myself for this one. But hopefully I can fulfill it this year. And my new obsession with library books should help.

Publish at least 50 blog posts
You may think, 'why isn't she aiming for more blog traffic instead?'. Well, I am aware that the number of people who read my blog are not high and honestly, I don't mind that. I feel so very thankful to the ones who read it and I welcome new readers to join in. I am just annoyed at how sloppy I am with posting. So I think putting up content is higher in my priority list than building an audience as of yet. I believe if there's actually something to read and look out for from this blog, readers will come on their own accord.

Comment more on other people's blogs
I am so terrible at this. I am that reader that say my opinion out loud in front of my computer but never type it down and post the comment. Just silently lurking. I love it when people give their input on the contents I put out, but I can't expect people to comment if I don't, can I? So this year, I want to break out of that habit and start sharing my opinions and thoughts on other people's contents.

Fill up my 2016 planner
I love how my planer turn out last year. 2015 is the year when I took planning seriously. And I want to continue it for as long as I can. My new found love of stickers also helped motivate me to fill it up every single day. I loved it a lot. I consider it my masterpiece. And I would like to make another one this year.

Stop spending money unnecessarily
I know this is one of those unclear goals. But I am honestly horrible at this. I'm such an impulse buyer. It's ridiculous how much I've spent on food when I could easily make one at home. And clothes. I have so many clothes. Why do I feel the need to buy more? I don't understand. Also stuff. I don't know where all this stuff come from but I just have so many of them. And as I accumulate things, the money in my bank account is just... oh god.

Stop worrying so much
As much as I want to say that I don't feel weight in my shoulders, I do. And it's really heavy. Overthinking things has become a habit throughout my life and I'm still trying to fight it. I spent some nights, sometimes even in a row, not sleeping because I'm just so wrapped up in my thoughts. It's so exhausting both physically and mentally. I like to consider myself as a positive person, so I'm usually pretty happy-go-lucky. But once something's bothering me, I can't function properly. So this year I'm going to try to not think and worry too much. You know, just chill a little bit.

That's about all of them. I think it's quite a nice balance of things I want to achieve, some that I want to start doing, and some that I want to stop doing. I'm quite happy with it. Hopefully I get to check all of them off by the end of the year.

Do you have any goals for 2016?

Until next time!
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment