Monday, December 28, 2015

Of Friends and Places | 2015 Adventures

It's almost the end of 2015! I can't comprehend that. It's so freaking fast. But, 2015 has been really great to me. I didn't fall into great depression, there aren't as many anxiety episodes, I experience a lot of really nice changes, and most importantly, I didn't die. Thank goodness.

Since it is the last week of 2015, I am going to talk about all the exciting things that happen to me in the last year. I can't really recall much because I have a horrible long term memory, but I can remember that the year was quite awesome.

1. I met Dodie and Evan earlier this year. It was quite awesome and both of them are so lovely. And Evan is really tall. I dragged one of my friends to accompany me to the meetup. Sorry and thank you, dear friend!
2. I went back to Indonesia and met my close friends. I can't believe we've known each other for more than 13 years and we're still friends until this day. I appreciate them a lot and I can't wait to spend time with them again next year.
3. I went to my first theater ever in Australia with my close friend. It was an amazing experience and kind of a sensory overload for me. It was still really awesome, though. I really want to watch a live theater performance again soon.
4. I moved. This is huge. One of my friends helped me with it and I feel so thankful for that. My new flatmates are really nice and lovely. They even teach me how to speak Korean. It's quite great.
5. I went to Melbourne Zoo again this year since my friend's never been there. We picked quite a horrible day to visit because it was really hot that day. But I still really like the butterfly room even though I was sweating really hard.
6. Went to the beach with one of my flatmates and her friends. We had a BBQ together and it was delicious. It was also quite peaceful even though the beach was pretty crowded. And her friends were really lovely.
7. This was the year of graphic novels and recipe blogs for me. I used to eat out and get takeouts a lot when I lived near uni. It was ridiculous. But now that I share the kitchen with less people, I feel motivated to cook more. And I spend less on food, so that's a plus.
8. My flatmate brought me to a really fancy tearoom. The place was really cute and the ambiance was lovely and cozy. The cake and lemonade was quite great as well.
9. Getting presents for people I appreciate is one of my favourite things in life. I am rubbish at wrapping present, though. It doesn't help that it was 40 degrees that day, too. But I think I did a pretty good job this Christmas.

2015 has been a really great year for me. I felt like I was way more productive than I was last year. I read way less, though. I don't really feel bad about that, to be honest. I explore Melbourne more and met a lot of new people who are just so lovely. I say 'lovely' a lot in this post, don't I? I can't help it. Everything is just lovely this year, okay?

There are a lot more adventures that I went on this year, obviously. You can see some of them in this post and this one. I hope next year will have a lot in store for me. I will be expecting it, 2016.

Have a lovely rest of the year, everybody!

Until next time!
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment