Monday, December 21, 2015

I Wanna Wish You A Merry Christmas

I told you I like Feliz Navidad. And I take my traditions very seriously. I have been singing it at least once every time I meet a close friend. They know it's coming and it's going to continue at least until January ends.

Anyways, It's almost Christmas! That's exciting. I've said before that I'm not the kind of person who would get super duper excited about the festive season. I mean, it's nice and everything. I'm just not so into it that I decorate my room or wear tacky Christmas jumper. Let's be real, it's gonna be at least 40 degrees out in Melbourne this time of year. I see absolutely no point in wearing any kind of jumper, tacky or not.
I don't really know why I don't really get into the festive mood around this time of year. Maybe it's because I live in Australia or maybe it's because my family never really celebrate Christmas. To be fair, there are not many decorations around the city of Melbourne and they put up the same ornaments and banners every single year, so it gets boring. I think that's one of the reasons I'm not so into it. The Christmas Square set up in the CBD is quite cute, though. So, I guess I'll let that slide. Although! One of the major department stores gets really festive and it's really pretty. But others are just meh.
As you probably have figured out by now, most of my life is lived on the internet. There are tons of festive pictures and videos across social media platforms this time of year. And to be honest, I kind of envy the people who can go all out in the festive season. With all of their Christmas trees, festive decors, fairy lights everywhere and Christmas music playing, they look really happy and excited and I want to feel that too. It's like everywhere but here, Christmas is a really huge thing that almost literally everyone is so pumped about it.

I do get some of my friends Christmas presents, though. I mostly do it because I'm thankful for them and they make me happy. I wrapped their presents really late into December (I'm talking to days ago) because hashtag procrastination. And it doesn't help that I'm not the best at wrapping presents. Whew. But to be fair, I spent a long time writing the cards because I want it to sound witty but sincere. I am quite satisfied with all of them, so that's great. Also, pro tip: never ever attempt to wrap presents in a 40 degree weather. You'll want to kill yourself afterwards.
Since I just moved in to a new place, I don't really know if my housemates have any Christmas traditions. I won't be able to join them even if they do have one, unfortunately. But I did buy them some presents, so that's exciting. I hope they like the stuff that I got them.

Do any of you have a traditions for Christmas? Also, what are your favourite food around this time of year? (mine's cake, if you're wondering). Happy almost Christmas!

I'll see you guys next time!
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment