Monday, December 14, 2015

It's All About Food

If you have been reading my blog for a while, first of all, thank you from the bottom of my heart. Yes, all two of you, thank you very much. But as you probably know, this blog doesn't have a niche. Having one blog to talk specifically around one topic is not something I'm good at. Trust me, I've tried and failed so miserably. Definitely not going back to those dark days again. Although I love books and reading, talking about it all the time isn't really my cup of tea.

It's kind of hard for me to describe what my blog is all about. I mean, it is not right to call it a lifestyle blog since I don't really post "advice" or "how-to" content here. It's not lifestyle, it's just "life" where I talk about what's happening in there. It's about things I like and things I find fascinating or exciting that I really want others to know about. Not that my life is all that eventful or anything, just things that makes me particularly happy or something I feel strongly about.

Today's post is no different. It will be one where I ramble on and on about one of many things that I like; food. I've never considered blogging about food, but man, I do love my food. I'm not one who would splurge on food, though. When I eat out, I usually go for the cheapest option possible. I also don't really go for a well-known brands when grocery shopping. Home brands are usually my go to since they taste good enough and I couldn't care less if it has more calories or whatever. When it comes to food. I mostly stick to things I've had in the past. Not quite adventurous in that aspect, I guess. But they fill me up and they taste good, so that's alright (that sexual innuendo, though).

Breakfast:
I usually go for something simple since I'm not usually very hungry in the morning. As long as it could last me until about two or three in the afternoon, I'm good. The ones I usually go for are toast and warm tea. If I couldn't be bothered, I'll just spread some nutella on it. But if I'm quite hungry or I know that I'm gonna have a lot to do that day, I usually go for a chicken sandwich with spinach and tomatoes and sometimes cheese if I'm feeling it.
Another one that I like is yogurt with some granola and loads of fruit. It's just so easy, quick and filling. I've been eating it a lot since it's summer time here in Melbourne and I need something fresh to start my day off. And if I run out of yogurt, I put the fruits in my cereal. I love me some cereal.

Lunch:
This is weirdly, the meal that I skip the most. I somehow manage to forget about eating lunch in my spare time. It's just that sometimes I have so many errands to run and I can't be bothered to make myself something to eat. I might as well just finish what I'm doing now and eat dinner later. But most of the time I'm just too lazy to get off my ass and go to the kitchen.

I never really make any proper meal for lunch. I mostly just go for snacky type of food. My current favorite is crackers with hommus. They're just so good and I can't stop eating them. I just bought a tub of hommus last week and it's almost finished. That's how much I like it. To be fair, it's not very filling for me so I tend to eat loads in one sitting. But it's tasty so whatever.
Recently, I start to pack myself lunch if I know I'm not gonna be home for it. I kind of use it as a reminder to have something to eat because it's pretty heavy carrying it on my shoulders. If I made some sandwich in the morning, I'll make another one to eat later during the day. It could get quite messy though since I put the container sideways inside my bag and the tomatoes would just go everywhere. But, If I'm feeling lazy, I just chuck it some fruits and bring a jar of nutella with me. That works.

Dinner:
I go out to dinner a lot. And by a lot, I mean A LOT. I could go for about three or four times a week, it's ridiculous. I'm going out for dinner the day I'm writing this post. Ridiculous, I know.

Other nights, though, I do make some food for dinner. One that I enjoy most days is instant noodle. First of all, hashtag college life. Secondly, there are just so many ways you can make it. Add an egg, chicken or fish of some kind, greens, and one kraft singles cheese. Heaven, I tell you. The drawback, though, is that I will keep burping throughout the night because of the soup. For some reason, soupy food just makes me burp a lot. I don't really know why but it happens.
Talking about food makes me quite hungry. I am drinking a warm cup of tea as I'm writing this which kind of weird considering it's pretty hot outside. I don't have any food on me right now so I guess proper food will have to wait until dinner time (it's 3PM). I am trying to cook more for the sake of my belly (and my wallet), so I am in the lookout for recipe blogs or youtube channels that's easy enough for a mere beginner like me to follow. If any of you have a recommendation or even a recipe that I could try out, please let me know.

Until next time!
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment