Thursday, June 13, 2013

5 Series I Really Want To Start

It's June. What?! It means that I haven't post anything in three months! THREE FREAKIN' MONTHS! WHAT?!
(Okay, enough with the exclamation marks. Let's get on with the actual post.)

Hey, guys. Long time no see! How is it going? 2013 treating you great so far? Mine's fine, not that horrible (yet). I can't believe we're almost halfway through the year. And this is only my third post of 2013. I'm a terrible person, I know. I'm so sorry. The "post regularly" resolution is not going well, I see. School's been taking up my time. What more can you expect? I'm done with school now, though, so I guess there should be more post coming up in the next few months. *crossing fingers*




Today, I will talk about five series that I want to start, hence the title, but I haven't gotten around to do it yet. It is quite a problem since my to-be-read pile has gotten bigger and the amount of new series I bought is a little bit overwhelming. Anyhow, I am hoping to get to these soon.

Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
This book is set in the Victorian era where girls were expected to be a delicate person with a proper manner. Our main character, Sophorina, (weird name, I know) was a tomboy-ish girl. She was sent to this special school by her mother, hoping her daughter will be a lot more ladylike. Apparently, the "special school" was more than meets the eye. Sure, they were taught how to dance, dress, and etiquette, but they also learn about how to be a spy. How cool is that?
I really want to get into it because I've seen a lot of nice reviews on this book. Also, it covers so many genres like steampunk, mystery, and fantasy. Oh, and boarding school. Boarding school is good. I'm excited to get into this one!

Slide by Jill Hathaway
This book is about a girl, Vee, who is narcoleptic. However, she doesn't just pass out randomly. She "slides" into other people's minds. One day, her sister's best friend named Sophie died. Everyone suspected that she killed herself, but no, she was murdered. What? How do you know? Right, because on the night Sophie was murdered, Vee slide into the mind of someone holding a bloody knife over her sister's friend's body. 
Murder mystery, yay! Something I expect would be very easy to get into. Can't wait to read it!

The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
This story is about Todd, a boy who is just about to become a man in his town, Prentisstown. It is a society where there are no privacy. Ever. You could hear what everyone's thinking, even animals, and it is a little bit devastating. So, one day, Todd stumbled upon an area where there are no noise, as they call it. He couldn't hear anything. What is happening?
I love middle-grade adventure books! This one, I think, will be no exception. I've been hearing so many good things about this book. I hope I can get into this one very soon!

Legend by Marie Lu
This is a story set in a dystopian world where the United States is now divided into two parts, the Republic and the Colonies. 15-year-old June is a part of America's military. After her dear brother was killed in his mission to capture the Republic's most wanted criminal, June was determined to seek the murderer and avenge his brother's death.
It's been quite sometime since I read a dystopian book. The last one I read was probably Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. The reviews for this books are quite mixed, but I hope I will be one of the people who enjoy this.

Blood Red Road by Moira Young
This book is about a girl named Saba who lives in Silverlake, which is basically a dried-up wasteland. That's fine to her as long as she can still be with her twin brother, Lugh. So, one day a great sandstorm came, it also brought 4 horsemen with it. Saba soon realized that they had taken Lugh with them. Saba then make it her mission to get her twin brother back.
I've heard so many good things about this one. Everyone I know seems to be enjoying it a whole lot. It is a little bit different than any other books, though, because throughout the whole book, there are no quotation marks to be found. I might as well get ready to get used to it.

Okay, that was fun. I will probably do more of this kinds of thing in the future. I just love talking about books, okay? That's it, I think. I'll see you guys next time!










No comments :

Post a Comment