Thursday, November 19, 2015

Everything's Out

Heya! Riz is back again, bringing you the news of the life that I live. This news will come to you in four parts.

Part 1: I finished my semester
So, a few weeks ago, I finished my exams and assignments load for this semester and hoo boy, am I beyond relieved. I've only got one exam for this semester and thank all the meats for that. Though it's not for the subject I'm confident of, I'm quite sure that I'm not gonna fail this one. Done all the extra credits possible, let's just hope for the best. Went through a lot of "experiments" for them extra credits. Worth it though.
The picture above is basically my whole semester. Just staring at the screen and constant snacking. How lovely. I've been quite lazy throughout this whole semester. But I think I did fewer all-nighters compared to last semester. It could mean good or bad, I don't really know. I did start a lot of assignments the day before it's due, though. I plead guilty. However, there were less stress this time around, I think. Maybe it's because there were a lot more group works for some of the units that I took, so there's less workload that I have to do myself. I'm not quite sure. I survived, though. That counts for something, right? Hopefully it won't be too horrible when I got my grades back.

There are quite a few changes this semester compared to the last one. If any of you reading this follow me on twitter, you would know the struggles, ups and downs of me trying to get an assignment done. Last semester me was terrified of high word count. She wouldn't know what else to type and would stare blankly at her laggy laptop screen trying to figure out a way to make that sentence longer than it already was. Now, 3000 words wouldn't be even remotely enough for me to vomit everything out. Funny how I've progressed with my studies. I hope this is a good thing.


Part 2: I'm moving out of my current place
It's not that I hate it here. I mean, I've lived here for more than a year. That should be saying something. It's not so bad and it's close to my uni, but oh my goodness it's bloody expensive. I'm still in the process of packing my stuff up and moving things out slowly. I've still got some time before my lease ends. I will explain the reason to why I decided to not continue my rent contract at my current place in the next post or two, so look out for that.
I didn't realise how many stuff I got until I have to pack them up, though. SO MANY STUFF! Loads of them I don't really need, apparently. I'm planning to post them back to my parent's house in my hometown but I think it would cost a lot. I might just keep it until my family decide to visit me or when I go back home for a break. I don't know. I'll figure it out.

Part 3: I think I'm back in the reading game (yay!)
If you've read my last post about the reading habit shenanigan, you'd know that I'm in a major reading slump while I'm attending uni this past year. I tried picking up a couple of books but I ended up putting every single one of them down. But after I finished my school work, I started to miss reading again. So, I started with one that I know I would enjoy, Grace's Guide. I think it has that kind of calming effect on me and even though I've read (and listened to) it at least eight times, I still love it. I listened to the audiobook recently while I'm packing up and it made the whole thing feels less like a chore.
I just finished The Dead by Charlie Higson a few days ago. I got the whole series for my birthday from my friends this year. I thought since it's there, I might as well read them and I am really enjoying it so far. Right now I'm listening to the audiobook of The Kill Order by James Dashner since I really liked the Maze Runner series. I've had this audiobook for about two years and I've only got around to reading it now. Better late than never, though. I'm also enjoying the movies of the series, so that's great. I plan to read The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey after I finish The Kill Order. I'm on a roll!

Ah, it feels real nice to be reading again. Though I won't be able to complete my resolution of finishing at least 40 books like I did last year, I don't feel like it's a bad thing. I'm reading in a pace that I'm comfortable with, so I'm good.

Part 4: The weather's been weird this month
Oh, who am I kidding, it's Melbourne.

Until next time!
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment