Monday, November 30, 2015

Life Lately #1

Hey guys and girls! Can you believe I'm actually posting something less than three months from the last one? I can't either. But it's nice to be back. I don't know how long this is gonna last but let us enjoy it while it's here. Begin, we shall.

So, here's the deal. I liked the way I do my last post. The one where I just talk about things that are completely unrelated to each other. Don't get me wrong, I still like talking on and on about one specific thing but sometimes I find it difficult to find something that's worth making a whole post about. So, I really like the format of separating different topics into parts. It erases the pressure of having to write one coherent post about a single thing while keeping it interesting (at least for me). So I'm turning it kind of a "Life Lately" series where I talk about little things happening in my life. I decided to do it after seeing a post in a blog called Little Town which is run by a lovely being called Raisa. You can click here to see her latest Life Lately post. I think it's such a good idea especially if I haven't post in a long time (cough). Ahem, let's move on to the actual post.

Accidental Beach Visit
I didn't plan on going out the last Monday but with the persuasion of a friend, I did. The actual purpose of this little trip is to check out the place where a friend of hers would be having his birthday party. She didn't really know the place, I have never been there either so why not take a detour. It takes quite a while to get there by train, about an hour from our campus because Melbourne railway system is ridiculous. Anyway, we get there and we didn't know where we were going so we just kind of walked while hoping for the best.

The venue is a little bit hidden so we were not quite sure if we're at the right place or just got completely lost, but a sign directing to the place suddenly appeared when we turned a corner. We finally found it and  OMG THERE'S A BEACH AND ITS BEAUTIFUL! We didn't expect it to be close to the beach at all. I mean, my friend knows that the area was a coast but she didn't know that the party place would be that close to the beach. It was so worth the long journey.
I was really grateful we went there because instead of having a lazy day and just sleep all day, I went to a really pretty place. Also, it was quite cold that day so there weren't that many people there and it was quite calming to just stroll on the sand. I was so lucky that I decided to wear sandals that day because I will still be covered in sand now if I wore a pair of sneakers. The sand feels kind of prickly under my feet, though, not gonna lie. But the beach was pretty and the sky was clear so I could ignore the sand. IT'S SO PRETTY!


Flagstaff Garden
This garden walk was also accidental. We didn't expect to spend our evening in a park. We were going to drop some stuff at my friend's place and when we got out of the station, the park behind it had pretty trees. We couldn't just pass the chance of taking pictures of pretty trees, so we decided that after we dropped the things, we're gonna take some pictures of the pretty trees.
See? I took pictures of pretty trees. I'm not the greatest at taking photos but the trees were pretty. My friend and I also went on these weird swings that have chains on the and were really uncomfortable. We also climbed some rope obstacle things while we're at it. It was fun. Didn't take any pictures of that, though. But it was nice.

I've Officially Moved Out
Yay! The new place is really nice and the two people I'm living with are really lovely. I returned my key to the old place last Friday. I felt kind of paranoid when I did it, thinking I definitely left something behind. But I did it and now I have a new home close to all my friends. Yay!
I have a different "set up" now that I've moved. I used to do all things with my laptop on the desk, but now that  I share the room with another person, I feel more comfortable doing things on my bed. I still do it on the desk sometimes when I want to watch or work on something while eating. But I mostly stay on my bed most of the time. Yes, I admit. I am a bed bug. I never get out of it until I desperately need to. Sue me. (Just kidding, please don't).

I'm A Frequent Train Commuter Now
One of the downside, though. I have to take a tram or train everywhere. It's kind of a pain in the ass because the tram stop near my place is like two stops away from the free tram zone and I ain't got no time to walk. (I mean, I do. But I just don't want to). It's raking off all the money. Melbourne public transport, Y U SO EXPENSIVE? Also, the whole "international students are not eligible for public transport concession " thing is just ridiculous. But this is the reality that I have to face. Can't get away from it, might as well just live it.

Christmas Is In the Air
I personally don't decorate my room or anything along those lines. I'm not the kind of person who get excited about holidays. It's just so crowded everywhere and it would elevate my anxiety level if I stay in those places for more than 20 minutes. BUT! At Christmas I do have kind of a "tradition" that I like. It's that time of the year when I can annoy all of my friends, all two of them, by singing Feliz Navidad every 5 minutes. I wanna wish you a merry Christmas...

I Have to Buy Groceries
I have nothing to eat. I really need some fruits, though. Don't have any of those left. Oh and yogurt. Yogurt sounds nice.

Whew, I talked a lot in this one. Well, it was quite an eventful week for me. It's the week that I finally moved out and I've got to do things differently than when I lived close to my uni. And of course, I want to share the experience with you guys. Oh, also, happy Cyber Monday every one!

Until next time,
Riz

No comments :

Post a Comment